FLARE® technology is essentially an Anatomic Enhancer™ that induces contrast in any desired tissue, tumor, or organ in the body. This contrast, in the form of otherwise invisible NIR fluorescence, provides surgeons with an unparalleled ability to discriminate one tissue type from another, even if obscured by blood and tissue. FLARE® devices and drugs work seamlessly together to extend the surgeon’s vision into the near-infrared and in so doing will revolutionize human surgery. In fact, FLARE® technology has the potential to impact every stakeholder in the healthcare continuum:
- Patients: Complete resection of metastatic cells, tactical avoidance of normal tissues and organs, reduced complication rate, lower long-term morbidity, shorter anesthesia times
- Families: Peace of mind that cancer resection was complete, avoidance of repeat surgeries, potentially shorter recovery times for some surgeries
- Surgeons: Better patient outcomes increase referrals, shorter surgery time may mean an additional 1-2 cases per day thus increased compensation, peace of mind from real-time image-guidance
- Hospitals: Shorter anesthesia times results in increased OR turnover, additional cases per day and additional revenue, fewer complications improve Medicare/Medicaid quality scores
- Insurance Companies: Improved cancer resection and surgery with lower complication rates reduce the need for costly re-operations. Avoidance of normal tissues and organs leads to fewer costly long-term morbidities
- Healthcare System: Better outcomes and lower morbidities translate into lower overall costs and improved public health
Since its inception, CSI has invested in the necessary mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, process chemistry, and drug R&D required to sustain a robust product line over the next decade. We have developed a strategy that will soon result in market approval and worldwide sale of FLARE® devices and drugs, and have been careful to protect the key intellectual property that differentiates us from our competitors.
In the meantime, explore our device and drug pipeline, and read our published clinical trial results from over 750 patients worldwide.
Contact Us to arrange a demonstration or answer questions.
Are you a medical device or drug distributor? Contact us to discuss partnerships.
Join our Mailing List to be updated with each new development.