FLARE® technology empowers researchers to make discoveries unthinkable just a few years ago. Because
Curadel originated from the laboratories of academia, we also pride ourselves on helping our clients set
ambitious goals and then reaching them. Some of the many areas of research being explored using FLARE®
products manufactured by Curadel ResVet Imaging, Curadel’s subsidiary for research and veterinary products, include:
Drug Discovery and Target Validation
- FLARE® histology permits a standard slide to be stained with two different NIR fluorescent secondary.
antibodies for perfect co-registration of biomarkers.
- Histofluorescence tomography™ (HFT) permits single cell resolution of multiple visible and NIR fluorescent biomarkers over the volume of an entire animal or large tissue. Compatible with virtually any standard microtome, cryotome, or macrotome.
- Real-time evaluation of drug effects on target tissues and organs in both small and large animals, including 2-D perfusion imaging, targeted antibodies, and tissue-targeted agents.
- For drugs that can be tagged with a FLARE® contrast agent, near single-cell resolution accumulation studies, and real-time imaging, in both small and large animals.
Tracking of Stem Cells, Immune Cells, Malignant Cells
- FLARE® cell tracking dyes will load any living cell within 30 to 60 minutes.
- 700 nm and 800 nm NIR wavelengths are available. When combined with FLARE® imaging systems, permits two-independent cell types to be tracked simultaneously, such as T-cells and tumor cells.
- Live animal tracking of cells in small and large animals with near-single cell resolution and millisecond temporal resolution. Follow cells accumulating at a site of interest from the time of injection.
- FLARE® 3D histofluorescence tomography™ (HFT) permits localization of two different stem cell or immune cell populations over an entire small animal, tissue, or organ at near-single cell resolution. The MMC1 controller is compatible with any microtome, cryomicrotome, or cryomacrotome.
Molecular Pathology Research
- Ultra-staging of lymph nodes at single cell resolution in either real-time or rapid 3D.
- High-sensitivity, high-specificity gross pathology preparation under real-time guidance. Rapid identification of
tumors, lymph nodes, or any other tissue type under real-time image guidance.
- FLARE® histology permits a standard H&E slide to be stained with two different NIR fluorescent secondary
antibodies for perfect co-registration of biomarkers.
- Histofluorescence tomography™ (HFT) permits single cell resolution of multiple visible and NIR fluorescent
biomarkers over the volume of an entire animal or large tissue. Compatible with virtually any standard microtome, cryotome, or macrotome.
Tissue Transplant and Tissue Regeneration Research
- Measure tissue regeneration and repair in real-time using gland- and tissue-specific FLARE® contrast agents.
Available contrast agents for cartilage, bone, thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenals.
- Confirm effective transplant of living tissue using real-time 2D perfusion mapping, which can be combined
with any other biomarker for simultaneous imaging using FLARE® imaging systems.
- Measure drug modulation of tissue transplant and tissue regeneration in real-time in living small and large
- Evaluate tissue transplant and tissue regeneration at the near single-cell level using FLARE ® 3D
histofluorescence tomography™ (HFT) and at the single cell level using FLARE® histology and simultaneous
Develop New Contrast Agents and Procedures for Image-Guided Surgery
- Create new NIR fluorescent contrast agents for image-guided surgery using Curadel’s unique zwitterionic
FLARE® NIR fluorophores.
- Convert virtually any targeted small molecule, peptide, peptidomimetic, antibody, or other protein can be
converted into a high sensitivity, high specificity contrast agent in one-step.
- Rapid measurement of blood-time curves using Curadel’s Cap-Trap™ capillary tube measurement system and only 15 µL of blood samples.
- Create new surgical procedures using NIR fluorescence guidance in both small and large animals with state-of-the- art FLARE® imaging system, which are available for open surgery and minimally-invasive surgery
Study Photodynamic Therapy for Disease Treatment/Cure
- Convert a Model RP1 or Model RP2 photonic control unit into a powerful PDT system capable of fluence
rates as high as 300 mW/cm 2 over a 1 cm 2 area. Perfect for treatment of rodent tumors.
- Deliver high-fluence rate PDT at 665 nm, 760 nm, or both.
- Combine the fluorescence quantum yield of PDT agents with a FLARE® imaging system to image sensitizer
distribution over the entire surface of a tumor or tissue in real-time before and after PDT treatment.
- Use the multi-channel capability of FLARE® imaging systems to quantify 2-D tissue perfusion before and after
PDT treatment in both small and large animals.
Pre-Clinical Imaging of Small and Large Animals using NIR
- Perform pre-clinical validation studies for new contrast agents and new surgical procedures in both small and
- Four simultaneous video streams, including two independent channels of NIR fluorescence, permits any
combination of contrast agents to be used on any type of surgery.
- Minimally-invasive and open surgery systems are available.
- Sterile drapes and shields are available for experiments involving survival surgery.
- Dozens of contrast agents available for imaging of virtually any tissue, organ, or tumor in real-time, and with high sensitivity and high specificity.